Wattkins Universal Chassis
We sold out of the original chassis run, and based on feedback we've received, we've made the next batch better with a few minor updates. The tube sockets and PCB mounting holes have been moved closer to the front panel providing more space for the output transformer, there is an extra pilot hole for the IEC ground, and 10/32" cage nuts are included.
This is a very sturdy 16" x 8" x 2.5" universal chassis that was designed to be compatible with our Universal PCB, as well as the 5E3 Tweed Deluxe PCB.
The chassis is the standard 16" x 8" size, except we've made some improvements. It's a 1/2" taller than standard to make it easier to work on and accommodate more parts.
It's also comes with pre-drilled holes for switches, lamps, pots, and jacks, as well as all cut-outs for the Tweed 5E3 PCB. It will work with most Valve Junior-compatible PCBs and turret boards (such as the Baby Will PCB) with very minor modification.
Material: Aluminum (Aluminium)
- 1x hole for input jack (Switchcraft-size - will need to be enlarged for Cliff)
- 6x holes for CTS pots (will also fit Alpha pots)
- 3x holes for power, standby on/off switches and lamp
- 1x hole for IEC power socket
- 2x pilot holes for fuse holders (optional)
- 3x holes for 4Ω, 8Ω, & 16Ω output (Switchcraft-size - will need to be enlarged for Cliff)
- 2x holes for 9-pin tubes
- 2x holes for octal tubes
- 7x holes for mounting Tweed 5E3 PCB
- 2x pilot holes for locating additional tubes (optional)
- 3x holes for grounds (one near input jack socket, two near IEC power socket)
Chassis Design Drawing (pdf)
NEW VERSION BACK IN STOCK!